Tuesday 18 April 2023

230415 day 4

Day 4

Breakfast then we depart to Phobjikha at 830am. We dropped by at Dochula Pass. I forgot to bring out my phone so I relied on JA to take most of the photos. The story goes because there was a battle against the Indians' illegal immigrants in Bhutan, the former king's wife, built Dochula 108 stupa and put in precious relics and gunpowder to protect the army in their fight. 

There are also artificial caves built for meditation. I did one under the God of Wisdom. Here we also saw a beautiful green colored bird which I definitely do not know the name (But Tandin does!) 

It was also a foggy day. On a clear day we could see all the highest mountains in Bhutan, that forms part of the Himalayan range. 

We continued our journey to Phobjikha and stopped at Kuenphen for lunch. I tell you, this is the best lunch I had in Bhutan. The fried squash, the fried chicken, the eggplants were all fabulous! 

When we reached the Gangtey monastery, we went off for Gangteg nature trail. It was a beautiful hike down with amazing scenery. Feels very movie esque countryside view. With the pine trees setting the background. 

The place is surrounded by cypress and pine trees. We walked through it and reach a view point over looking the valley. Woah. I cannot imagine how it is like when in winter to see the bird migration (then again it will also be effing cold then.) 

We then visited the black necked crane information center to learn a bit more about the bird and manage to see two big ones that were injured and they were caring for them. The male crane was protecting the female crane from a playful dog outside the cage.


Tandin also gave us the local donut to try. It was bland.. 😅 Haha I wish there were more flavor/spice or sugar lol... 

We then head to our hotel in the village area. Sooooo scenic! We had some tea before adjourning to our room. The room is huge! JA got the queen bed. 

For dinner, we had a other delicious local meal. They have the oyster mushroom, snowpea cheese etc.. 😅 

Tandin and Mr Phub taught me Chae Namey Samey Jaring Du which means you are beautiful. I said that to the waitress and I think she got shocked 😂. 

No comments:

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...