Thursday 21 October 2004

Lovely and wonderful thursday

This could be one of the most enjoyable day for the week. Afterall, I had a dissapointing Wednesday.. so maybe what happened today is just lil better than routine... but I am sure I lurve what happened today, it could only get better :)
Well, lets start my journal for today from when I reach the KPD. I saw Lydia checking the board, the scholarship "winners". As soon as I was abt to get close to her, she went off and headed downstairs... and that reminds me that our Econs tutorial shifted to Lvl1. I stared at the results again, wondering why I did not get pick.. but what the hey, its Life :)
So I joined Lydia into the class, and was shocked to see that Yee Li and Leong Wee + a few others were already in the class... and I thought that today I came early.. well, probably its their normal time to come =) So today, I planned to sit a row behind where they all would possibly be sitting.. Yee Li was talking abt seeing Mz Ching May & Kitmun going upstairs ( they either dint know abt the change of venue or they forgotten abt it ) Being as Joo Yee, lol, I decided to let them know abt it. But of coz, being me, they didnt trust me lol... But in the end they just followed and our Econs class begins,... the lecturer, to me, is really boring.. I dont know why but somehow I think his methods arent really working, and most of the stuffs he said and teach is kind of either complicating when u can get the simplified way of doing OR its something that You better not listen to. In the econs class as well, I made a new fren named Tow Yen.. he's from the yr 1983. I have this impression that he is one of those many guys who likes to talk big but dont really know much.. The way he talks abt his APIT college and how he plans his course really makes me wonder a lot. He talks as if he knows a lot, been thru, Yes, maybe he been thru a lot, but I doubt he knows a lot. Talking abt Dr Lim, and how boring he is, which some part of my heart agrees, he wuz saying that this tutorial lecturer is a better teacher than Dr lim!!! CAn you beliEveTHAT? I donno what to say... and worse, how could you actually fail your accounts? hmm... fingers-crossed, but if you are planning to do business.... whats more important than the subject Accounts?
After Econs class, we headed up to Lvl4 for our Acc Lecture.. today is a different lecture becos its being lectured by a Dr from Macquarie Uni in Aus. We were late for the class.. but I still managed to catch up with his lessons.. the way he lectures, I can say that I dont even have to look at screen to understand. His method is 200% better than Mr Gooi.. mainly because its not Boring and the old fashioned way.... He gave us some work to do, worksheet. And as I remembered Pn Ng's teaching, it was like A-B-C 1-2-3. I did it all well, and I was in some way happy to see that I m not alone. Chew was using her method of folding the worksheet so that you can focus better. =) CHeers to Pn Ng Pek Mui!! we love you! i know i do hehe....
After class, I walked Kit Mun & Ching May to Maxis... nothing much to do, but just to confirm that RM10 is a one time charge to activate gprs. Anyways, soon, i realise that i was supposed to meet up with CAlvin ho to pass him a parking coupon.. I ran back to main block, all the way from the end to the other end. So now, my journey of the day begins.. I never felt the time pass so long before... lolx...
On my way to Centre Point, where I supposed to meet up with Chew, I was thinking back abt Cik Lee, hehe, wondering how is she now, thinking that if we visit her in sch, she will ask what course are we taking, and why we even bother to take chemistry. My thoughts were telling me to answer her q by saying that We want her to be our teacher! :) lolx... i miss my high sch days..
As soon as i reach Centre pOint, lucky enough i found a parking right away. I went for a peee, b4 i bought Chipz and Slurpee... after that I wait awhile for Chew to call me, but he didnt so i gave him a call... BAD, no one was on the other end of the line.. hmph! worried, I called Calvin and the guy asked me to drive past the flyover to BU11 and go straight... I did that and I come into this rows of shophouses when Calvin gave me a call... lol, funny enuff, when i was asking for directions,... he asked me to STOP right when i was making a turning, "look at your left side" there he was.. standing there... lol, i parked my car and joined Andy, Calvin, Sow Chi and Rachel. Just incase u dint know, it was on Tue that Rachel asked me if I want to work.. thanks a bunch Rachel!!! :) So when we got our place to sit, i wondered, what to eat... and then.. Sow Chi recommended the wantan mee.... so not knowing whats the best there are... I followed her advice.. and it turns out that it was good after all, although Rachel said that it was badd...lol... So after we finish our food, we were still waiting for Chew... He came late and havent had his lunch and all so he ordered chicken rice... according to Calvin, "Thats the only thing he know to order. Kai Fan" hahahha.. funny... while Chew was eating, his frens were teasing and playing with him all the way......
So after lunch, we headed to Frankie's office.. Frankie is the guy who is going to pay us our wages. He is also Sow Chi and Rachel's fren... they seem to be quite close together =)Our first task was the toughest task thruout the day.. the guys were supposed to take out kerosene tins from this "Survivor lookalike torches"... it was not easy, Step 1, get a screwdriver. Step 2, shove the screwdriver into the 'stick' and dig the tin out of it.. Step 3, when u think the tin is loose enough, use ur Finger (note that its singular ) and pull it out. There were 40 of these if i m not mistaken.. Luckily Mr Frankie found out a better and faster method..to use the screwdriver and knock it out.. it took abt 1+hr to finish the tins... and then came the lights.. My duty at first was to unscrew the light so that Chew can change to mentol... hmm But later on I joined him so that we can finish it faster... as soon as we were done.. we helped Andy and Calvin to finish their duties, which is the tougher part.. to fix the wire to the light...After all was done.. Frankie took us for a tea break.. I ordered FukChukYiMai, it was GOOD, a lot of ingredients and very tasteful.
Next destination, the Sunway Damansara.. where we supposed to put up everything there...i think there 6 cars driving to the destination, with total abt 11 ppl only... lol... what a way to save the world from pollution... There.. someone left the metal stick back in the office.. Calvin, feeling that he was the one being responsible for this, head back with Andy as me chew and danny set up the tables and chairs... and thats it.. everything was done by 7, tomroo, we meet at 10 and after we are done at sunway damansara.. we travel to shah alam to finish our job!! hmm pray that i ll have a more fun day!! :)
summary : a tiring job, which makes me wonder.. Rm100 for 9am to night job, physically challenged job, isit worth it? I would say No, but becos I m really really short of cash, there is no way I would miss out on a chance to gain some cash, and of coz meeting new ppl and experience=)

No comments:

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...