Tuesday 22 August 2017

Day 6 & 7

Day 6
Morning - the original plan was to head to the Shiziwan area + Cijin, but the hot weather made me feel like heading to Carrefour and Ikea. I wanted to check out Ikea morning breakfast but by the time I reached I think their breakfast was over as they closed the counter (i assumed to transition to standard meals).

I window shopped at carrefour's shops/outlets. Nike, Adidas, Puma, - nothing really super cheap to buy. Nike actually have some clearance items but they were long sleeves and jackets, which I don't need.

Went into carrefour looking to buy some snacks for friends

After that, under Gloria's recommendation, I head to Dandan Hamburg, which is a fast food chain restaurant. She asked me to try their mee sua, which I did, and I liked it. Though I have to say, I still dislike using spoon to scoop noodles. 

On the way to green bean dessert, I stopped by at the flea market for plants, bought two packets of seeds for TWD100.

I had Green bean dessert (cold). It was cooling, considering the weather (around 12-1pm hot sun). Gloria suggested to pay a visit to their new public library, which I did, and sort of regret going because:
1) mostly chinese books
2) highlight of the library is their rooftop garden (Super hot)
3) nothing much besides that
4) had to walk there under the hot sun

Anyway, I stopped by at a second hand book store (Mollie's), saw some english books but the reviews weren't good so I did not buy.

Decided to walk to Sanduo station and head back to hostel to rest for abit.

Head to Yanchengpu. First thing: Buy Milk tea from Hua Da Nai Tea. I ordered Pu-er bubble milk tea, not sweet at all, can only taste milk, so not as nice as my first cup from them.

Walked around Pier 2's other side. Luckily for me, there's a flea market (maybe every Sunday they have one?),  walk around a bit, took some photos.

HIGHLIGHTS:

1) Postcard with tea inside the postcard. Very interesting, should have bought one. :( Initially I wanted to buy after walking around but I forgot about it :(

2) Taiwan 18 Days Beer. That is the name of the beer, at first, I thought it was some kind of limited edition beer. But actually its a normal standard beer, just that you have to consume it within 18 days (for its freshness). I have to say it taste really good :D


3) Chair Dome - interesting structure/art piece they have at the park

I walked past hamasen railway cultural park, which was beautiful. You do not usually see this as there usually have more trees in today's park. Think of an open wide spacious park which are covered in grass, but no trees. Like a big padang. 

Anyway, took the ferry to Cijin. It was too late. Lighthouse sudah tutup. I rushed to the fort side to see the sunset. I recorded it using time lapse (best way i think to take the sunset/sunrise). Wanted to fly my drone but I couldnt connect it (later I realised this was due to a manual setting I made to save data). :l

I walked back towards the old street/ main part of the city, tried their tomato with sauce (ginger, plum and soy sauce). this was  the bomb! I can have this as snack any time!

Bought a prawn cracker back cos it looks famous. That whole shop only sell crackers leh! 

Took ferry back, had snowflake and ice cream before calling it a night!

SooChing wanted me to buy tea but I couldnt find it.


Day 7
Woke up, dressed up, checked out, left my luggage. Returned to the hostel TWICE to take present and receipts for gloria.

Had egg pancake before heading to ecological district station. Was early so I waited for 30mins for her.. She reached in her scooter, and decided to take me around in her bike.

We went off to see the dragon and tiger pagoda and the lotus pond for a bit, before heading for tea.

Then she dropped me at a station and I went back to grab my luggage and head to the airport. Passed me a gift in a shape of a cup with my name and a bump on the bottom.

Bought some souvenirs, not sure I want it or give it as presents to others. Bought a wine which I sort of regret buying . not cheap leh!

Sat next to a big size guy whose arm overlapped to my space.

No comments:

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...