Wednesday 21 September 2016

First night

As I am writing this, it is 315am.

I left KL by KLM. Sat next to this Dutch guy who has a Muslim gf in Malaysia. His trip was to visit her. He enjoyed Malaysian food a lot (which I am pleased). Next to him is a sarawakian going to Berlin to meet her bf. I think the whole flight trip was better by the interactions we made.

My flight was at 1120pm. Prior to that, I had fried rice for dinner, noodles @ Plaza lounge.  In plane, I had two meals (rice and breakfast egg). Very filling..

Landed in Amsterdam around 6am. Walked to gate c18 to transit to munich. Was worried I could not get my Internet from flexiroam but in the end it managed to work after I redo the apn.

Landed in munich around 8+am. Took a train to the city center. Left my bag at the hostel (as it was only 10+, check in is at 3+)

Decided to walk around and look see look see the city. Did the Rick steves audio guide which is OK. Think the free walking tour should be better.

I tried their Pretzel with butter and chives (not sure got sour cream or not). It was good! Watched the Marian platz Center clock performance too

Walk walk a bit more (at this point I am really not hungry after all the late night  stuffing I had)... Visited the virtual market, would want to try bratwurst there too.

After that it was the synagogue, asamkirche, fraukirche (another church but better), then marionhof, platz, hofthau braus (Tavern/pub hall). Visited the residenz and Treasury. Amazed by the things there but it is just too big so towards the end it gets a bit repetitive and boring. My opinion is that some of the items are there just for display and may not be the originals (as it was party le destroyed during the war). But still worth to visit! I particularly enjoyed the aligned doorways and the paintings on the ceiling...

Head back to check in (bought peaches along the way) and shower! Haven't showered in one day!  Haha. Then after shower felt very lazy d. I think kl time about 12/1.

After lazing around for a bit, finally managed to get my ass to go to the fest. It was colorful and bright. Is definitely more than just a beer drinking event. They have roller coasters, space shot, bumper cars, games to play and win prizes. I walked around a hit before heading to the hofhau tent. It's crazy fun inside (best if you are here to soak up the atmosphere with someone else). I sat outside (no space inside), ordered sausages and a 1l beer. Beer is tasty. Not bitter but super smooth. Like got some kind of light sweetness, light creaminess aftertaste. Sausages are mehh.

Things I learn : munich very Christian city. Here and there you will see statues of Jesus or Mary. The Treasury also contained a lot of religion based artifacts. Within the city alone there are at least three popular churches for sightseeing.

No comments:

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...