Sunday 25 September 2016

Innsbruck 1st & 2nd day

Upon reaching, my initial thought was "this is not the bus terminal, it is just the side of a street" (little did I know that the terminal was just behind me). I had to the tourism vegetable and purchased my innsbruck card. After that, I almost got conned by a gypsy. She have me a ride and asked me to sign a paper. Had she not asked me to sign I would have fallen for it already.! Upon realising, I gave her the flower back and said no. I moved to elsewhere to look at some brochures, and when I looked back, she was already gone.

After that I start walking towards my airBNB. I waited awhile before Jurgen tagged by his bicycle. He is a social worker (kudos to him). He showed me the place as Evelyn is not around. The place is huge. Big bedroom (which is going to be Jurgen after his current rental expires),with a balcony with awesome view of the mountains, kitchen and bathroom. I rested at home that night. Chill at home.

Second day, I head to the mountains by the cable car. The view from the top is amazing! You past the clouds and then you see how small the city is, surrounded by mountains. I spent like 2hrs up there. I met a group of Japanese ladies and asked them to help me take a photo. Saw a bunch of ppl climbing a higher peak. From here, you can see the range of mountains all around. So captivating..

I went down to the next station and did some sightseeing there too before heading back to the city. Did a walking tour around (fairly OK, I like the history of innsbruck ie the way the building were built to withstand earthquake and the directions (arrows)  for the pilgrims. Ate lunch at stifskeller. Had pork belly (Bavarian food) and it was awesome. Very satisfying!

After lunch, visited the church nearby with the amazing Tomb and statues around the Tomb. The church also have this interactive room to tell you the story of the King, quite creepy when watch alone. I think I also went up the tower today. Then head to Swarovski Park. The bus was awesome because there's free WiFi. While waiting for the bus overhead two sg teenagers talking. The park was OK. Not superb unless you are into crystals. I do like the giant n their park esp the reflection pool area. Wanted to buy something but don't know what girls like so decided against it.

Took the bus and stopped at terminal and then head out to look for dinner. Visited the terminal and did some grocery shopping instead. Don't rmb eating dinner so probably Makan yogurt for dinner lol.

No comments:

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...