Monday 10 October 2016

Barcelona: Should blog more

Barcelona. Barcelona was great! I enjoyed the hostel, the best one at the moment that I've stayed in. It even has a rooftop for swimming/jacuzzi and suntanning. The room was comfortable. Very comfortable. Mar, the receptionist, visited Malaysia before and I enjoyed the conversation with her.

First day I set up myself and slept actually, before buying my ticket for sagrada. Met a Chinese girl named Jing and we hang out after my dinner. I went to La Flauta for tapas. The seafood is really fresh and tasty. A bit too salty on the Sardines and anchovies but I guess that's how they are like. Jing and I went to the port/jetty side and then walked back to the hostel (because it was late and the metro stopped its operation already)

Second day, went for free walking tour (by Carlito) on gaudi. It was interesting to learn on how cheapskate catalans were lol. And he mentioned the most beautiful lamp posts he saw in his life was the one done by gaudi, but I think it's OK. Not like super wow. The sagrada Familia also got like three sides, one tells the birth of Jesus, another is the death of Jesus. One more side haven't finish lol. Th r death I'd really interesting because they have 9 sculptures telling 9 diff parts of Jesus last two days. So the guide said they aiming to finish it by the gaudi's anniversary 2026. BUT they still need to build four more towers (total 12 = 12 apostles), 2 bigger towers (Jesus and virgin Mary)  and 1 highest tower (god).

After the tour we ate at a nearby cafe. I ordered the mixed cut. Met a German and a Kiwi. I am glad we talked. They were both traveling alone as well. We shared a jug of sangria. Yums!... The meat was good too. Tasty. When lunch was over, I went into sagrada. It was another Cathedral, but bigger. Lol

After sagrada I went back to hostel, chill and then head to the Palau de music for my orchestra. The hall was amazing. The decor, esp the ceiling. Beautiful. I fell abit sleepy from the first performance but the trio I like though I THink the girl made some mistakes. After that I head home... I think I ate panini for dinner. They have this fast food chain Pan &  Co so I tried that.

No comments:

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...