Monday 24 July 2006

Chloe

I wrote this down in my mobile last night because I know that if I don’t, I doubt that I’ll remember about it the very next day.

The message was to me: “You know, I learn something today. I am happy enough to know her and think of her as friend. I don’t mind if she didn’t think much of me. I am sad that I didn’t take a photo with her, but I hope that I will someday.”

The “her” to me is a friend, a friend that I want to keep in touch with. I just wish her all the best in Africa. I really wanted to take some photos yesterday, since it’s like my first group outing down here. We went to a pub/bar in the city called Cooper’s Ale. Brought my camera but somehow didn’t have the guts to bring it out and go “Snap-Snap-Snap!!!” Probably cause I think I will feel weird if I did that and that my camera is so freaking cheapo and bulky. Anyways, her friend did that a picture of us together, so maybe she’ll send the photo to me. I won’t ask her for it though.

Let’s talk about my electives now shall we?

At first, in the beginning, I wanted to do a very academic course; at least I would think so. I’ve decided to take Financial Economics, as you can tell from title, it is a combination of Finance and Economics. Well, after consulting with some adviser last week, I’ve decided to venture out of the boring subjects. I’ve looked at my timetable and all the other various subjects that could interest me. There are two which are relating to the environmental studies, two on language (but I realised one of them is about studying the “language environment… and decided not to pursue that one further), and one on professional ethics. The last one really interests me a lot because that was what He Xiang did before. She told me all about it… it fascinates me!! But due to the clash with one of my tutorials, I am not sure if I should go for that subject. Cause you see, the tutorial that it clashes with, belonged to one of the HOT Subs, which means there are like numerous of people still dying to get enrolled. So I am afraid that if I adjust my tutorial on that subject, and on that VERY SECOND I drop the subject, someone will enrol and take my place… And I Don’t want that to happen! So in the end, I am deciding on one of the four subjects listed below.

Environmental Management
The aim of this course is to suggest how our global physical and biological resources may be managed on a more sustainable basis. This is achieved by careful evaluation of both the beneficial and adverse effects of various forms of human interaction with local, regional and global environmental systems. The topics to be considered will include biodiversity and global carbon storage; water, and air pollution; plant and animal extinctions; global warming and climatic change… etc

Environment and Media: Communicating Change
This course prepares students to work with a variety of media to inform the public about the environment and about environmental issues. In this context, the course will review the design features of an effective environmental communication strategy to promote community awareness of environmental sustainability principles.

International Studies
Sounds boring…

Mass Communicative Discourses
This course is designed to simultaneously develop students' theoretical and practical understanding of the nature of mass communicative texts, how they are constructed, their rhetorical and ideological potential and the functions they serve in society. The following topics will be covered: the historical evolution and current status of the news report; mass media objectivity - the nature and ideological consequences of 'impartial' language; popular persuasion and the mass media commentary; mobilising public opinion and the discourses of community activism - press releases, blogging and the online feature; mass media popularisations - interpreting expert knowledge for a mass audience; words to image - pod casting and writing for video; and the art of the review - the cultural correspondent

Yeah… I don’t know what you guys think but I am kind of looking forward to those subs, other than international studies…Anyways, one more thing is that I might not be coming back for summer… Sad huh? What to do? Failing a core subject creates a domino effect. If you don’t stop it now, your life will change FOREVER!!! Yeah, maybe I did overreact a little… but I prefer to take summer course rather than doing another semester here. But things are still not 100& confirm yet. Besides, even if I am doing a summer course, I think most likely I’ll just come back early. I’ve checked already, classes starting on 9th January so it shouldn’t be a problem, unless of course I failed another subject this semester… Ha-ha But No! I won’t let that happen again… Not anymore.

Asking my sister to buy Transformers DVD from the EBay. =Dthat’s it for now.

Still waiting to read more from HL, HH, Nancy, CCW, Ee Ling, and the rest of those who stop blogging…

3 comments:

Lydz said...

ermm..what subject r u majorin in again?!

joeyk86 said...

accounting la
but its elective merr.. take some fun interesting subs la.. :P

anyways i m thinking of taking a degree in environmental studies nw.. :) have to go ask around 1st

Lydz said...

it sounds like u are doing 4 electives in 1 semester!! dont u have any accounting subjects to do?! I dont even have any room for electives!! and u r only doing 12 units rite?!

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...