Tuesday 4 December 2007

thinking day

thought about a lot of things today. more than usual dosage that i do.

I was sick since Sunday due to the short shorts and thin clothes i wore to German town and Mt Lofty. been sneezing the whole day. it was strange cos' it was sort of normal for me to sneeze during a cold day, but not to get sick. it was also strange that the fact that my sister actually ask me take pills, when usually i sneeze nw n then and she don't even bother. it wasn't till that night i realised that its bad. first sick in months.. July the Melbourne conference disease.

anyways, in the morning, i decided to take a walk after Ethan woke up and stopped me from playing more Wii. During the walk, I thought about alot of things, PR, Tax, Superannuation, going home, Li Lin, 10 year plan, exchange, coming back to Australia, car or house?.... The walk really helped to clear my mind on few major decisions that I would make in the coming weeks. Now I'll have to retrieve more information from the respective people.

I've decided that to let my PR expire, unless I would not be able to get another one after that. This is because I know that I won't be back anytime soon (if I am able to go on exchange and get a job in KL while waiting for exchange) and that after that I am more keen to work in KL rather than in Aus at the moment. I forsee myself to work in KL for at least a few years, and perhaps during that time I will apply for secondment to countries around the world. Following on this, I will have to sort out my tax as well as my super, which I have to enquire from the tax office as well as Natalie and Anita.

I know that going back to KL to work is not because I want to be with my friends. I questioned myself, what if HL/CCW is not there or I do not have Li Lin by my side? Will I still prefer to go back or stay here. The thing is that that decision will not affect what I am doing next year (exchange), it will only affect the time after my exchange period. I thought about staying and working here in Aus, and staying and working in KL. I feel that I will be more comfortable interacting with fellow workers at home. (That doesn't mean that I do not enjoy talking to Aussies, its just that I find it more difficult) Also, I guess one of the important question that I need to pose during my interview with any firms is "How is the working environment like in the company? What sort of environment to you envision your company to be like? Do you support a interactive, socially active work place?" I know that interaction between people will be something that I value a lot.

I did think about my transportation method in KL as well. I am reluctant to borrow car from kammo, because its not mine and there is no reason why she should borrow it to us, esp. how dad sold the car that I could have use when I go back. Plus, its not nice to drive someone else's car to somewhere where u dont really need to go. Also, Jo Ann did remind me of how careless I am when driving. I think that, maybe its good that perhaps I do not have a car then. Of course going out will be an issue, maybe I'll spend a lot on taxis but maybe that is a good way of keeping things minimal and appreciate it more. I'll also be looking forward to fixing the bike which dad said is broken. Biking around in KL along the highway is not a good idea, but I think if I can carefully ride it thru the small alleys and keeping at a slow pace, it should be OK. So say I want to go to BU frm Prima 17. Bike along seksyen 17 to ss2, then walk the bike across to DU, cross to Uptown and to BU. lol.. its not easy. but its definitely interesting (and VERY healthy... and tiring.. lol)

Later then, on the bus with ccw and deanna to port adelaide, we've talked about relationships, religion and friends. Its just hmmm really interesting how people are... when we talked about Catherine and Amanda. Hmm.

2 comments:

LiL'deviL said...

You were already sick on Saturday when you had the sore throat. The trip on Sunday just made it worse. Also, whenever I see that you're sick I always asked if you want to eat medicines, but you always refused to. This time, I just bought the medicines recently and made sure you ate them because your friends are here and your graduation is nearby. Those are not antibiotics and won't do any harm to your antibodies. You won't get sick in the first place if you had antibodies. It doesn't hurt to take medicines sometimes to make you get well sooner.

wHOisBaBy said...

aiyo ... already sick then take care of yourself lar. wear more cloth if you are planning to go out. so big already, dun need us to remind u mar. you must know how to take care yourself. at least if you dn want to take the western medicine, take the chinese HOYANHO tea ... good if you feel like you getting a cold/flu. but not good if you already have it.

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...