Sunday 10 September 2006

Bernard Fanning Stucked in my Head

I wanna wish you well.. la la la.. I wanna wish you well.... la la la I wanna wish you well.. I only know that line, so.... ^^ Bernard Fanning is the guy from Powderfinger who came out with his solo album. I think if I were to be in a group/band & I were to go solo, won't I prefer hiring them (the band) as instrument players, rather than going off and hire some new kid on the block (NKOTB) who won't understand you as much as they (the band) do. My understanding (assumptions/ theory) on reasons why artisits would have a solo album:
1) $$$
2) Personal
3) Different style compared to group

4) Taste of being solo

First and 3) I am fine... but personal.. hell, aren't those previous songs you wrote comes from your own personal life as well? I mean, its really sad, e.g. Destiny's Child, everyone coming out with their own album and realised that they can make mo' money this way, so yeah, I'll quit!!!

I prefer Destiny's Child rather than Beyonce, Kelly and Michelle separated. You now have to buy three albums compared to one before!! LoL, well No, I am Not a fan of Destiny's Child, Just trying to make my point.

I like Coldplay alot, esp after I read their interview. They want the album X&Y to suck so that the next would not be a failure. It was something like that. And the results? SUCCESS to x&y!!! I find that Coldplay's songs are somewhat very different (Might be cause they are from UK). I won't like their song when I listen to it first time. It takes me listening to that particular song several times before getting the hang of it and really, enjoyed it!! Scientist was the one that never caught my ears.... not until you listened to it in Wicker Park. And suddenly, you get the meaning of the lyric and go like "Oh, I want it!!"
*goes Limewire and type "Coldplay - Scientist"
*click download
Thankfully I have it in my pc then. I head off to Ka Seong's house after that movie. That night, I think I read the lyrics and just listened to that song.

I LOVE Third eye Blind. Its just really really SAD that they changed one of their member, I think it was the drummer. And hence, Third Eye Blind became a 2nd tier rock band. The first album, the songs are all awesome... I Lurve 'How it's gonna be' back then. The 2nd album got a couple of good songs but the music became a little too gayish. :( Sad but true.
I like Atomic Kitten too, and S Club 7 & Poetic Ammo... and where are they now? No, they are not on MTV, they are disbanded... due to the downwards flowing popularity rate. WHY? Members start leaving the group. And mind you, those S Clubbers who came out with their album, they are no where to be found (cept' Rachel cos' she's too hot)

Oh, and when you are really successful and retired. Don't you ever, ever, EVER, make a COME Back. It ruins everything really. Stay as a legend. Don't go like legend turned failure to adapt to new age music that you style of music you have to change into somewhat not even close to your legendary sounds and that your album is selling well because you are a legend not because your new album is good. Seriously.


I've been wanting to say this ever since I heard about them. Isn't the name of their band is one of the industrial revolution thing we learned in history?!? If I am not wrong, it has something to do with the pembajakan... the farming... They been around for ages already. I never once listened to their music. Might try someday.








I have a feeling that I am beginning to slip to the past as the new century of music begins, again. Hip-hop, R&B, jazz did pop-out and reign the music industry for quite a period a few years back. Whenever you turn on the MTV/ Channel V you ll see some black person (not meaning to be offensive but its a fact) rapping their way to the Gs and Diamonds. After that the Rock kicked back!!! Thank gawd!! I prefer rock way much than rappers with the fuck(s) and pimps and Holla Holla yo yo watsup?. Hate it so much. I mean like gosh, if I really wanna listen to ANY of your lives I can just buy one and get the picture for all of you. Anyways, ROCK was back... with the new bands e.g. Simple Plan, Maroon 5, Hoobastank, Killers etc... and followed by one-person guitar playing attractive guys.. who else to lead the new niche other than Ryan Cabrera.

I just rmb! Stephen Jenkins frm 3EB is who's boyfriend??? ".. cause you know I walk a Thousand miles, to just, see you.. Tonight.." lalala How hot are they? I really think they matched each other... hmm geographical reasons. I dont know anyone else coming from SF. ^^

Anyways... back to the story. So after awhile.. the same happened to rock. overflow of new bands. I mean like gosh... one song from each new bands... all one hit wonder... damn shit le! Next time they should put them into some sort of American Idol test so Simon Cowell can piss off those losers. T_T Good Charlotte came back too btw!! I rmb them before their gothic look. Then, it was just a bunch of young guys with not even the slightest look of Gothicness. So anyways, after the overflow of rocks came the blues & jazz... Michael Buble, Jamie Cullum came in... offer a very different flav to the industry, like Norah. Il Divo? Yeah that four guys from I dont knw where. Then... got this.. TEN TENORS... TEN GUYS!!!! I was like ?!?.. When I heard about S Club 7 I already think thats too much... now this?!? and my gawd.. 10 guys singing this kind of stuff.. some are even near wat you call ugly.. lol...

I like to say... Black Eyed Peas really makes themselves notable. Their musics are somewhat really 'new'. Hip-hop newage.

But anyways.. the cycle starts again... Blacks are back. I think.
"I AM BACK!"





LOL !
happybirthdays this month
evelyn
julear
cheeweng
minli
angela
devern

No comments:

qingming or cheng Meng

Bzbz weeks Work with ISO and SST  Then trading been horrible! Lost big money! But it is ok. Will earn it back! 😏 Went to Bali with family i...